Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Can't Live Without My Ceramic Knives

When it comes to cutting, nothing beats my ceramic knives.

I enjoy nice tools in the kitchen and several years ago learned about ceramic knives while helping in a restaurant kitchen. I found that ceramic knives are five times stronger than steel and last many months to years without sharpening. The high-density ceramic blade is stain and rust-proof, nonstick and lightweight, making it indispensable in any kitchen.

Here are some advantages of ceramic knives:

  • Zirconia's hardness allows blade to remain near razor sharp for years of normal kitchen use.
  • Will not alter the taste of your foods because it is chemically inert.
  • Easy to clean, naturally non-stick blades -- just rinse with water.
  • Will not deposit metal ions in your food like steel knives do -- no more metallic taste, ever again!
  • Will not react with your food -- does not turn fruit and vegetables "BROWN" like metal knives do (yuck!)
The one downside to ceramic knives is that they are more fragile than steel blades. Dropping them on ceramic tile floors can sometimes break the tip, so I would recommend more care when using ceramic knives.

I bought my ceramic knives here for under $20 and selection of Kyocera ceramic knives are also available.

Enjoy and happy holidays!


No comments: